Dr. Armond Levy
Armond Levy, MD
Dr. Levy specializes in the treatment of a variety of spine and brain conditions and performs several procedures including:
- Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Surgical Treatment for Brain Tumors, Aneurysms and Vascular Malformations of the Brain
- Cerebral Angiography
- Endovascular Treatment for Stroke, Carotid Stenosis and Aneurysm
About Dr. Levy
Dr. Armond (Ari) Levy was born and raised in Eastern Pennsylvania. He went to college and medical school at Washington University in St. Louis, MO, graduating from medical school in 1994. He served a one-year surgical internship at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, and then a one-year cerebrovascular research fellowship at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, during the latter of which he performed studies regarding brain aneurysms.
Subsequently, in 1996, Dr. Levy returned to St. Louis for his neurosurgical residency training at St. Louis University, finishing in 2001. He then travelled to Cleveland for an endovascular neurosurgical fellowship at the Cleveland clinic, specializing in minimally invasive treatment of aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, stroke, and carotid stenting. From 2002 to 2004, Dr. Levy resided in Indianapolis, completing further fellowship training first in cerebrovascular microsurgery for aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations, and then in complex spine surgery.
Again, Dr. Levy returned to St. Louis in 2004 for neurosurgical practice with the Microsurgery and Brain Research Institute, directed by his mentor, Paul H. Young, MD, primarily working at St. Anthony's Medical Center until 2009, when he transitioned his practice to SSM's St. Clare Health Center. At both hospitals, he co-founded Stroke Centers with comprehensive interventional stroke care.
In October, 2014, Dr. Levy left SSM to open his own practice, St. Louis Neurosurgery, LLC. His professional interests remain committed to cerebrovascular disease, including stroke, aneurysms, vascular malformations, and carotid disease, as well as complex and minimally invasive spinal surgery, and general neurosurgical practice.
- Undergraduate: Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Medical: Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Surgical Internship: Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI
- Cerebrovascular Research Fellowship: Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Neurosurgical Residency: St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Endovascular Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Spine Fellowship: Methodist and St. Vincent Hospitals, Indianapolis, IN
- Cerebrovascular Fellowship: Indianapolis Neurosurgical Group, Indianapolis, IN
- Board-Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery; May 2008
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society
- Missouri State Medical Association